September 2015: Six papers accepted at vision conferences this year:
- Arridhana Ciptadi, and James M. Rehg, “Minimizing Human Effort in Interactive Tracking by Incremental Learning of Model Parameters,” ICCV’15
- Chanho Kim, Fuxin Li, Arridhana Ciptadi, and James M. Rehg, “Multiple Hypothesis Tracking Revisited,” ICCV’15 oral
- Ahmad Humayun, Fuxin Li, James M. Rehg, “The Middle Child Problem: Revisiting Parametric Min-cut and Seeds for Object Proposals,” ICCV’15
- Zhengyang Wu, James M. Rehg and Fuxin Li. “Robust Video Segment Proposals with Painless Occlusion Handling,” CVPR’15
- Yin Li, Zhefan Ye and James M. Rehg, “Delving into Egocentric Actions,” CVPR’15
- Jia Xu, Lopamudra Mukherjee, Yin Li, Jamieson Warner, James M. Rehg and Vikas Singh, “Gaze-enabled Egocentric Video Summarization via Constrained Submodular Maximization,” CVPR’15
2015: Three researchers from our lab have accepted faculty positions this year:
- Tucker Hermans at University of Utah, starting Fall 2015
- Maithilee Kunda at Vanderbilt University, starting Spring 2016
- Fuxin Li at Oregon State University, starting Fall 2015
May 2015: Zhefan Ye’s Eye Contact paper won the Best Student Paper Award in FG 2015. The paper was selected from the 84 papers presented at the conference.
November 2014: Our BioGlass paper with MIT won the Best Student Paper Award in Mobihealth 2014. The paper was selected from the 120 papers presented at the conference.
October 2014: The NIH announced the results of the Centers of Excellence in Big Data-to-Knowledge (BD2K) program, including our MD2K Center:
- List of Funded Centers from NIH website
- Article in the Chronicle of Higher Education
- College of Computing Press Release
- Article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle
September 2014: Organized The First International Workshop on Video Segmentation with Thomas Brox, Fabio Galasso, Bernt Schiele and Fuxin Li, held in conjunction with ECCV 2014.
July 2014: Maithilee Kunda received a Rising Star in EECS award.
December 2013: Organized IEEE Workshop on Decoding Subtle Cues from Social Interactions with David Forsyth and Yin Li, held in conjunction with ICCV 2013.
December 2013: Face Tracking and Eye Contact Detection Using A Single Pair of Glasses demo given by Yin Li at ICCV 2013.
December 2013: Keynote speech at the workshop on Wearable Computer Vision Systems in conjunction with ICCV 2013.
September 2013: One oral and two posters accepted for ICCV 2013.
June 2013: The Multimodal Dyadic Behavior (MMDB) dataset (multimodal behavorial recordings of toddlers) has been released.
April 2013: Zhefan Ye wins second place in the UROC symposium for his research on “Detecting Eye Contact Using Wearable Eye-Tracking Glasses”.
March 2013: Akshay Gupta received the runners up and honorable mention to the IEEE & Eta Kappa Nu Alton B. Zerby and Carl T. Koerner Outstanding Electrical or Computer Engineering Student Award.
Dec. 2012: Method of the Year Award from Nature Methods: Paper with Matt Crane and Hang Lu was selected as a Method to Watch for 2012.
Nov. 2012: Fuxin Li joined our group as a research scientist
Sept. 12: Organizing Committee, AAAI 2013 Spring Symposium on Weakly Supervised Learning from Multimedia, Stanford, CA
Nov. 2012: Keynote Talk at ACML 2012, Singapore
Nov. 2012: Program co-Chair, ACCV 2012, Daejeon, Korea
June 2012: Organizing Committee, Second IEEE Workshop on Egocentric Vision, Providence, RI